Can A New Machine Really Open Your Old Ground Back Up?

 Can A New Machine Really Open Your Old Ground Back Up?

The above question interests me because many people claim that their new machine does in fact open their old sites back up. I think it depends what machine it is, if you've purchased a new detector that has the same adjustments, give or take a slight improvement in a couple of areas, I personally don't think that your new machine is going to find anything more than your old one. If, however, your new machine has a lightning fast recovery and a large depth advantage over your old one, then I believe it can winkle a few more targets out of land that you've hunted heavily. 

There are also a few elements that I believe create the illusion that your new machine is finding more than your old one. Firstly, with a new unit you're going to be paying more attention, you might be swinging slower than usual and you might find yourself digging a lot more "to learn the machine" as opposed to leaving stuff in the ground that you 'believe' to be trash. All these minor details can create the illusion that your new detector is, in fact finding lots more than your old one, thus creating the opinion that your old site has been opened back up.

I personally don't believe there's a big enough performance gap between the current "top tech" detectors that will give any of those machines the ability to find loads more targets in a field that's been done to death with earlier models of "said" machine. Do I Believe Nexus Can Bring Your Land Back To Life? without sounding bias, yes I believe Nexus machines can, I've actually witnessed this. I've explained in past blogs that targets in one of my fields dried up with the Equinox 800. 

When I started using my V2 I started pulling targets again and this trend continued with my V3, Credo and Coronado, due to the fact that the V2 and V3 have fantastic unmasking abilities with the silver scout coils. I have a two pronged approach, firstly I have the depth that Nexus offers and secondly I have the speed and separation. Because these elements are streets ahead of anything else out there, it was pretty obvious to me that I'd start hitting on targets my Equinox 800 didn't see. Also due to the different coils that Nexus produce, along with their operating frequencies, you're swinging enough 'variation' to potentially hit on targets missed by the Equinox 800.

I can also say with confidence that I believe both the Golden Mask and Deeptech units would do a good job as well. Their parameters are completely different to the Deus 2, Manticore, Equinox etc and this alone would make their ability to hit on targets that have been missed significantly higher. When you really think about it, if everyone is using the same detectors that exhibit, pretty much the same performance, then common sense would dictate that using a detector/detectors that are widely different within their ability to the majority, you're giving yourself the best opportunity to hit on targets others have missed. But let us also remember that you can't find what isn't in the ground to be found. 

Comments

Popular Posts