Am I Rigging My Unmasking Demos

 Does Running The Discrimination Setting On The Edge Need To Be Changed For Each Individual Nail?

The answer to the above question is really very simple NO! it doesn't, on my analog machines, setting the discrimination dial to the position that suits the terrain I'm hunting will knock out most sized iron. Depending on what machine and coil is being used, it will do a really good job at unmasking targets, but as I've explained many times in the past, no machine is magic and there's a limit to the size of the iron you can disc out before certain sized non-ferrous targets won't be detected. This is just common sense and nothing is gained by trying to mislead people on the subject - unless I'm trying to sell a machine, working on commission or gaining something else from misleading people.

Those that accuse me of rigging my demos are actually giving away more about themselves, clearly for it to be a thought in the first place means it's something that they'd probably consider doing. When I post any demo videos, the thought of "rigging" the whole demonstration isn't even a speck within the landscape of my mind. Let's not forget that I've pointed out that most of these tests are just a bit of fun and a mess about, I've also explained that you take none of it as gospel. However we all know by now that the machines that do well in these types of tests appear to perform in the ground a lot better than the detectors that seem to struggle. 

The reason I use the machines that I do, make the videos I make and write the blogs I write is to open peoples minds up to the fact that there's more than one way to metal detect. The new technology and the latest machines aren't the be all and end all of this hobby. In fact they're just a very small and restrictive part of it, analog machines both old and new offer a huge amount to the user and despite what many come out with, there's still a place for these types of detectors within this day and age. They aren't dated and obsolete, once again, people that preach this are the ones with the dated and obsolete view on the world around them.  

Comments

Popular Posts