Nexus On The Beach 'Dry & Wet Sand'

Am I writing this blog on Nexus's behalf - no I'm not, the company is all about evolution not looking back at detectors gone by. I'm simply trying to answer peoples questions about Nexus on the beach in both dry and wet sand. The machine I'm briefly focusing on is the Bonanza, this was produced just over 10 years ago and the depth and performance achieved for such a budget machine was rather nuts. Also the footage in this blog is some of the only footage I can find of Nexus being used on a beach in both wet and dry sand. Is It Because They're Shit? Nope ..... it's just the brand went over everyone's head as the hobby started to move towards screens, VDI etc.  

Unfortunately I don't live near the beach, I'm stuck in the city of London, there are no beaches nestled in-between this sprawling metropolis of confusing. I'd love to film a hunt on the beach of me using my Credo or MP V2 or my Coronado but it's just not possible at the moment. I've lost count of how many people have asked me about Nexus performance on the beach in both the wet and dry sand. Because I haven't been able to produce a video some idiots have stated that I must be hiding the fact that it's a bad performer. I'd like to make the point that these individuals are fully grown adults ..... scary ... right?

This actually couldn't be further from the truth.

Let's make one thing clear, the Nexus MP V3 isn't really a beach machine, you can use it but it's rather unorthodox. HOWEVER ... the MP V2, Credo DDM, Coronado and the Bonanza perform/performed fantastically on both wet and dry sand. At some point in the future I will venture down to the coast and I will take my V2 with me, the depth that all Nexus machines demonstrate on land is replicated on coastal terrain, not only that but the discrimination at extreme depths is 100% correct as well.

Nexus Bonanza

Going back a good few years now Nexus produced a budget detector called the Bonanza this was a machine aimed more towards the 'switch on and go' market. It retailed at around €595 and for that price you got a simple powerful machine that performed way above its price-tag. A number of them were sold and I've had quite a few people contact me saying they use to have one and regret selling it. This unfortunately is the perfect example of the 'mass-produced' state of mind I talk about. People are too hasty to sell things if they don't exceed expectations within five minutes of something being in their hands. 

The two videos below are of an Italian user on the beach demonstrating the depth of the Bonanza and the discrimination at depth in both wet and dry sand. This isn't some self-appointed expert tester, it's literally some dude and his friend smoking some cigarettes and swinging the machine, he probably doesn't think about it too much., no anal bullshit which is what detecting should be.

What Does This Say To Me? this isn't someone trying to sell something, there's no agenda behind it, cigarettes, beers and a metal detector. The depth in the video isn't measured, it's clearly a pretty deep hole, pay attention to the signal response in comparison to the size of the target detected.

People are banging on about the Manticore and Deus 2 on the beach being untouchable regarding their depth capabilities. A 16' inch coin for Nexus isn't anything impressive, it's standard and the signal response isn't going to be something you could easily walk over. Once again, when people come out with blanket statements like the one highlighted above it actually shows how little they actually know.

Video Number One Is In Dry Sand


Video Number Two Is In Wet Sand

Comments

Popular Posts