People Aren't Listening 'In More Ways Than One'
Over the past few months with both my new in ground unmasking demos and the amount of finds I've found tucked in the iron on the river. A few things have become very apparent to me, number one, some people never ever listen despite how many times you repeat something and second, people will only ever see what they want to see. In the past I've conducted a lot of 'above ground demos' mainly for my own amusement, it allows me to understand the languages of all the machines that I use. I've explained countless times that any test, be it above the ground and in the ground will never be able to mimic how a machine reacts to targets that have been in the ground for millennia, this really is common sense.
Over time, my opinions have changed on various elements regarding the performance of all the machines that I use, if my opinions stayed the same then it would indicate that I'm not learning anything. The thing that a lot of keyboard wankers usually don't realise is, I used an Equinox 800 heavily for two years and I used a Nokta Legend on and off for over a year on the foreshore. The reason I did this was simple, I needed to gain perspective on the performance of a few of the digital multi-frequency machines, which I did in abundance. This then allowed me to understand how my favoured analog detectors stacked up, the Equinox 800 and the Legend are toys to me, they might not be to you, but they are to me. I understand things have moved forward since these two machines were produced but the new models are just a variation of a theme - get back to me when you've actually got a true threshold!
I can categorically say that those two digital multi-frequency units don't handle the foreshore as well as my analog machines, am I saying they're crap? no I'm not. Putting Nexus aside for the moment, because it's a different animal, the older machines that I've chosen to use perform exceptionally well in iron when you're looking for the masked targets sitting in the first 2-6 inches. Both the Equinox 800 and the Legend struggle on the areas that I choose to hunt, instead of people taking this point onboard they seem to have to try and prove me wrong at every given opportunity. These people are all the fucking same, they started on a Simplex or some other digital unit in the past 6 or 7 years and they look upon metal detecting as a competition and think they know everything because they have a few subscribers that get entertainment by their detector wars videos.
Now bringing Nexus into the conversation, when I'm in the fields I want to go as deep as possible, Tesoro, Deeptech, Saxon, Fisher, Red Heat, Golden Mask, C-Scope etc aren't deep machines and they can't discriminate correctly when a target is on the edge of their detection limits. That's why I don't use any of them when I hunt inland on my pasture, I pick Nexus as my tool because I believe it's unrivalled in its depth and performance on the terrain I choose to use it on. Like I've said before, some people want a multipurpose machine which is what the digital platforms offer. I don't, that's why I have 29 metals detectors, soon to be 31 when I get my mint Whites Coin Master 3 and a Fisher 1266x that I picked up in near perfect condition, Dave at Pentechnic is currently working his magic on that, both of these new detectors will be river machines.
The Rutus Versa Has Had An Update For Use On The River Thames!
Yes the above statement has been thrown my way a few times now, 'the Rutus Versa has had an update for the river Thames so it's going to "smoke" my machines'. I'd like to explain two points, anyone that uses the term 'smoke' to describe one machine outperforming another is a fucking retard and secondly, I have zero interest in detector wars and participating in the incestuous, sad and pathetic Youtube metal detecting world, been there, done that and I found myself lowering my I.Q to ameba levels, that won't be happening again. Secondly, let me tell you something about the Thames, I've been on its shores for decades now and it isn't all the same, it works in extremes.
Up towards the city and on up through the centre, the iron really isn't too bad, that's where most detect, where I hunt, historically it's industrial and a millennia of heavy iron of all shapes and sizes has imbedded and ingrained itself at levels I've never seen in all my years of metal detecting. There are a few out there that do their best to discredit my results .. but hey! whatever floats your dingy. So for some idiot to come out with such a statement about a Rutus Versa update for the Thames is just demonstrating their naivety and a complete misunderstanding of the task at hand. To conclude this point, I couldn't give a fuck about the Rutus Vesra, I'd rather scoop my eyes out with a spoon than listen to some fan boys sycophantic statements.


Comments
Post a Comment