A Few Productive Hunts On The River Thames

Confident that I'd located what I would describe as a "holding area" on the Thames I made the conscious decision that it would be a spot I'd visit on a permanent basis. When you find a productive area there's a high chance it will keep on producing. Due to the structure of the mud and how the tides move debris, a "hot spot" will continue to produce. I find leaving it a week or so after you've had a few productive hunts usually provides enough time for new treasures to wash up. Because I'd had a few successful trips, I decided to concentrate on my permissions before venturing back on to the foreshore. After the excessive heat we'd been experiencing the weather finally broke with heavy rain and strong cooling winds, this signalled to me that it was time to get back to see what had washed up. 


Below are images of what I found on two short evening hunts, most were fresh in because they were literally resting of the surface, some were deeper. I'm especially fond of the candle stick holder, this was deep in the mud so I'm guessing it's old and has been sitting there for quite sometime.





















Comments

Popular Posts