How Deep Is Deep? 'Lets Get Some Perspective'

Let us look at this in the most direct way possible, nearly all the targets I've found in my live dig videos could've been found by most machines out there, I've never actually stated otherwise. Now it would be really easy, taking into account the money I've spent on all my Nexus gear, to convince myself that my machines are pulling off some crazy feats. Don't get me wrong, I've pulled medium sized coins and buttons in excess of 14' inches easily with both my Credo and MP V2. The deepest coin I've dug so far with the MP V3 was 36 cm measured in the ground whilst swinging the coil 2' inches above the ground. 

But let us have a reality check, I believe the majority of targets here in the UK settle between 4 to 8 inches down, 'depending if the ground has been worked or not'. I've stated many times in the past that you can only find what's in the ground, you're not going to find hammered coins if your land doesn't contain any and the same can be said for Roman and Saxon artefacts. The same can also be said for DEEP targets, just because you have a deep seeking machine, it doesn't mean there are deep targets to be found. 

If it's not in the ground to find then no machine will magic something out of thin air - despite how much money you've spent on your gear.

Now the above points might come across as common sense but it appears some people can get confused about what is and isn't achievable. Would I say that I've found 'super deep' targets with my Nexus machines? the answer to that would be NO. Have I dug a couple of targets that I believe were out the range of my Equinox? YES I believe I have. And that's exactly why I use the machines that I do, I know for a fact that if there are really deep targets hiding in the ground I hunt then I have a very high chance of being alerted to their presence. 

All my land is different, I've found 2000 year old Roman coins at 9' inches and modern day coins in excess of 13' inches. I think the best analogy I can use here is cars, you have certain makes and models that have a slow to medium acceleration with a maximum speed of 100 mph, these vehicles are clearly limited in what they can achieve. Then you have your super fast cars with crazy acceleration and a top speed of 300 mph, these models can obviously achieve more. You don't use their power all the time but there might be certain situations where the speed and acceleration is required. 

The above paragraph is the best way that I can describe Nexus, for the majority of the time you're going to be finding targets that most machines will hit on. But when or if you find yourself on land that requires something with that extra performance and depth, then you know full well that you're swinging something that's going to give you the best chance at achieving the best possible results. 

Comments

Popular Posts