Nexus Standard MP V3 Discriminating Out Pull Tabs & Hitting Gold

The Nexus Standard MP V3 with either of the silver scout coils can discriminate out pull tabs and still pick up medium to large sized gold. I haven't tried my 18KHZ DD coil or the lower frequency coils yet, but I will do in due course. Obviously there's always going to be a trade off regarding the size of the gold you can still detect, you'll see in the video that I've posted below that the V3 hits on my wife's small gold ring.

When setting the discrimination dial you have to go slow and set it to the point where it just starts to phase out the pull tab. One thing to understand though, not all pull tabs are the same, I find the older ones can still come through so some experimenting will be needed to confirm exactly what kind of pull tab can be cancelled out without effecting the units ability to pick up gold. 

I personally wouldn't disc out pull tabs, I'd rather get them out the ground, too many other potentially good targets fall within the same conductivity. But if you're short on time and want to be a little more selective about what you want to be digging, the V3 can be set up in such a way that will aid you in this area.

Comments

Popular Posts