Do Metal Detectors Without Internal Rechargeable Lithium-ion Batteries Make Them Dated?

As metal detectors have advanced internal rechargeable lithium-ion batteries seem to be a 'must have' for both manufacture and consumer. I've had many people telling me that standard batteries make a machine dated, lets take a moment to look at this logically. Do rechargeable lithium-ion batteries find me more in the ground? Do they help with both depth and discrimination at depth? Do they make my machine unmask and separate better? The answer to all these questions is a resounding NO! they add nothing to the performance of a machine, now I'm sure there's some highly intellectual individuals out there that will try to come up with endless benefits to having these types of batteries but the long and short of it is, they don't find me more in the ground.

I had to buy extra USB power packs when I used my Equinox 800 that were around £45 each so if the battery ran out when I was detecting I could still continue to hunt. The price was pretty steep for what you were actually getting. All my Nexus machines other than the Coronado take 10 AA batteries, the Coronado takes 8 AA batteries. I use rechargeable Duracell, I get around 12 hours on my MP V3 on a single charge. When I run out I simply replace the batteries and continue to detect, it's really a very simple process and, for the life of me, can't quite figure out what makes using 10 AA batteries dated. 

What happens if your machine hasn't charged properly and you don't have any backup battery packs? it would be really annoying to go out for the day only to find your machine either hasn't charged or only partially charged. You're going to find yourself going home early because you can't change the battery,  but, if you have a simple battery pack that you can slot into your machine with fresh batteries then you can carry on hunting. What happens if your lithium-ion battery develops a fault, chances are you're going to have to send it back to the manufacturer to get it replaced. What happens if some of your AA batteries develop a fault? easy, you just replace them, I actually carry 50 batteries in my backpack, I've never had any issues or problems with powering my machines. 

If you think metal detectors that actually use normal batteries are dated and a thing of the past then I can only assume that you're a thick as shit and you buy into the hype and marketing of all the painfully average and overpriced detectors currently on the market. Maybe you need to expand your thinking slightly, then again, thinking seems to be an ability that's looking to become extinct. Hey ...... who needs thinking when you've got Google ...... Right ?? For me personally,  I'm not into the meaningless, I'm interested in machines that exhibit raw performance, you can leave you bells and whistles in some dodgy factory over in China.

Comments

  1. If its not broken, don't fix it, now school like the old school. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts