Nexus Discrimination Revisited 'Micro Blog'

I'm writing this short blog to explain the discrimination settings on the Nexus Standard MP V3, the reason I'm doing this is because someone was spewing crap and twisting my words around. This will cause confusion for people who are actually interested in buying and using the machine as opposed to trashing it on a public forum such as YouTube.

There's Been A lot Aimed At Me Recently

MP V3 Machines Manufactured Before January 2023

On MP V3 machines manufactured BEFORE January 2023 you have to manually set the discrimination for both low and high frequency coils. What Do I Mean By This? I've found that setting the discrimination at around the 12 o'clock position works great when you're swinging any low frequency coil. Obviously you can do your own experiments in regards to where you personally feel comfortable setting it but for me 12' o'clock does a great job. 

When using any high frequency coil you need to set the discrimination at a point where the unmasking capability of the machine is at its most effective for the site you're on. Now despite what some people have claimed about setting the machine up to one specific nail using a trick with the discrimination position. This claim is totally false, all Nexus users will know that even with a low disc setting 'teetering on the edge', the machine has the capability to knock out iron nails and pegs of all shapes and sizes and still unmask effectively. YES .... it might hit hard on really large flat iron but the VCO audio will tell you that it's a large ferrous object.

MP V3 Machines Manufactured After January 2023

On MP V3 machines manufactured AFTER January 2023 when you're using low frequency coils you keep the discrimination at ZERO. What Does This Mean? it means that you don't have to touch the disc dial at all and the machine will knock out iron of all shapes and sizes. What Was The Reason For This Change? simple, it made the machine easier to use by subtracting the setting.

When using high frequency coils on all machines manufactured AFTER January 2023, you adjust them exactly the same as what I've already explained which is at a point where unmasking will be the most effective on the specific site you are on. Just to make the point one last time, there's no tricks to unmasking with these machines, they have the ability to knock out all kinds of iron running the disc 'on the edge'.

Conclusion

I hope what I've written is clearly understood, there's no dodgy shit going on with any of this, unfortunately when some people, who can't comprehend what I'm explaining in my videos, start to try and make me look like a 'snake oil' salesman it can give people the wrong idea about me and the Nexus machines I use.  Empty Vessels Make The Most Noise .... RIGHT?

Comments

  1. We are talking about stupid Fatman from south. He is complete idiot - an American idiot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found with my Bounty Hunter Tracker iv in zero discrimination it automatically ignores iron and right through the whole disc pattern
    In all metal mode it will accept iron
    In two tone I can adjust it to my preferred searching method
    I mainly use it with the 4inch coil in tight spots and works well on salt wet sand
    The last one I bought I think it was about 190us dollars delivered
    And it's still being manufactured
    The very first one I purchased was back in 1994 for a one dollar from a dealer to try out

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts