Nexus & Freshly Buried Targets 'Micro Blog'

I'll try to keep this blog as straight to the point as possible, Nexus doesn't work on freshly buried targets, what do I mean by this? it's simple really, if you dig a hole and put a coin in it, fill it back in and stamp it down Nexus won't perform very well, if at all. I've explained many times before that Nexus metal detectors perform better in the ground than in air. It excels on targets that have been meshed within the dirt for a long time.

I'll give you a few examples, in one of my pasture fields I buried a UK 2p at 14' inches in the ground swinging the coil 2' inches above. I filled the hole back in and stamped it down, my Nexus V3 couldn't detect the coin. This is because the matrix of the soil had been broken and air pockets were created, I marked the spot and forgot about it for a few years. When I eventually went back to check and dig the target back up the signal was blistering because the soil and grass settled and stitched itself back together.

A few other examples, those that watch my videos will know I've started to introduce "in ground unmasking" demonstrations. These targets have been in the ground for just over 2.5 years, for the first 13 months Nexus couldn't see these targets, I was basically getting an inverted phase signal because the machines were bouncing off of the hole. At around two years where the soil had resealed and the air pockets had gone, all my Nexus machines now produce huge signal responses. 

What's The Main Point Of This Blog?

If you purchase a Nexus and freshly bury targets to try and demonstrate the machines performance, don't bother, you'll be completely wasting your time because it's not going to perform. Nexus performs best on targets that have been in the ground for a long length of time. 

Comments

Popular Posts