Rumor Has It Nexus Metal Detectors Are Dated & Obsolete Single Frequency Machines

 


The title of this video isn't 'click-bait' it's simply quoting the words that have been used to describe Nexus machines.


This video isn’t about what machine is best and it’s not claiming analogue is better than digital, all that is totally meaningless to me, so let me explain where I’m coming from to help build some context. My dad got me my first metal detector when I was 9 years old, it was a Fisher 1265x, we’d go on day trips at the weekend onto local land we had permission to search, thinking back they were some of the best days of my life.  At the ripe old age of 45 I’m still swinging metal detectors, there’s nothing quite like it, sadly my dad passed on just over a year ago, when I’m detecting I still feel a connection to him. Not only that but I had, what can only be described as a catastrophic mental breakdown, it’s a very long story, it occurred just over a decade ago. To be totally honest it has been a struggle ever since, the one thing that seems to pacify the war inside my mind is getting out into the fields with a metal detector, it makes life worth living. I don’t care what I find, buttons, hammered coins, they’re all the same to me, it’s all history, it’s a process, I detect for a deeper reason than pointless validation from strangers. I swing a set of machines that aren’t widely used or publicised, I’ve always been drawn to the more independent companies, be it music or drums and guitars, there’s fantastic companies out there outside the mainstream that are producing some very interesting products. Just because something is different from the 'normal' doesn't make it bad.


I didn't start a Youtube channel to be a self-appointed metal detecting celebrity or a self styled expert, that's all utter bollocks to me. I work in the music industry and I can assure you that “celebrity’ is nothing more than illusion. I simply wanted to make videos showing the performance of the machines that I use. When I was looking at purchasing my first Nexus detector information was rather scarce so I took it upon myself to put out the kind of information that I would've liked to of seen when I was making a decision if to make the purchase or not. It goes no deeper than that, I get nothing from Nexus for doing this, I do it because I quite enjoy it. For a short while everything was going quite well and I was getting positive feed back, then all of a sudden I started getting abuse, mainly aimed at the machines I was using. To be honest it didn't take long to work out who instigated this. 


A certain 'non-entity' that likes to position himself as the official 'mouthpiece' and 'expert' of the online metal detecting community had rattled his huge mouth off about Nexus machines, His uniformed, ignorant diatribe was nothing more than slander against the company and its creator. This is coming from someone that hasn't actually touched one, let alone used one. This is a beautiful hobby and everyone that participates has the right to use whatever machine they choose to. It makes no difference to me what detector anyone uses and no one should make others feel bad about what they choose to use. There are so many amazing machines out there at all price points that will enable all different kinds of user to get out in the fields and have a good time. If you're on good land a vast majority of detectors now on the market will find a vast amount of targets. Yes, the really cheap machines are limited but they will still find you treasure. Let’s take the Nokta Legend as an example, you’re getting one hell of a machine for the money.


Due to social media many pass times are ruined by stupid petty arguments and ego bullshit and I have/had no interest in participating in any of this, I was quietly minding my own business getting on with my own thing. I wouldn't usually lower myself to such 'pond-life' levels of intelligence getting involved with this shit but when someone gets attacked then you have the right to reply in a way that you see fit, so this is exactly what I'm doing. The 'non-entity' that started all of this has made a habit of targeting individuals and certain companies products throughout the years with the same ignorant uniformed 'word-vomit' that he's directed towards both me and Nexus as a brand. So "if you give it then you've got to be able to take it", it's called "Cause & Effect”. In the future I suggest the ‘non-entity’ thinks before he speaks and learns to keep his gargantuan mouth shut about things that don’t concern him. YES he took the video down but he clearly meant everything he said. 


Thanks


Paul 


Side Note - you’ll notice a fair few cuts in my footage, this is due to a few different reasons, firstly I wanted to keep everything as short as possible, secondly, the wind noise got really bad and lastly, being in London I was getting disturbed by passersby.  

Comments

Popular Posts