Nexus 'High Frequency Coil Application'

In my videos when I explain about how I set up the Nexus Standard MP V3 with the high frequency coils, I talk about switching the meter off and turning the VCO tones on. I'd like to explain a few things, you don't have to use the SS coils this way, there are no rules here. I'm simply explaining how I opt to set the machine up. This is my thought process, when I'm wanting general/deep search I'm using low frequency coils, both dual and single, these coils are operating at the lower frequencies. When I'm hunting in iron and trashy ground I opt for the coils that operate at the higher frequencies.

Each individual coil is wound by hand to the allocated frequency by Nexus themselves,  I own both silver scout coils. I also have a DD coil that's been wound to operate at 18KHZ, these are really "fast recovery" coils so I'm not going for depth when I choose to use them. I'm going for target unmasking and isolation. When hunting iron and trash you can't go deep due to the sheer amount of shallow targets, the focus here is to isolate the potential treasure in-between the iron. 

Low Frequency For Deep Scan Detecting

Running the machine in 'standard audio' makes no sense at all because you'll be looking at the meter for your discrimination. This is why I use VCO tones with the meter switched off when I'm swinging any high frequency coil. It's just basic logic and common sense. Having VCO tones engaged and the meter disengaged allows you to swing fast and through the audio alone it will be very obvious when you've hit on a non-ferrous target. 

So to sum up, high frequency coils with VCO tones work great in iron and trash, for deep search, standard audio with the meter on and a slightly raised threshold is the way to go and to check the signals you can switch the VCO tones on and off. 

New Design Silver Scout Coil


Comments

Popular Posts